06 March 2008

I Will Beat Her Like a Tin Drum in 2016

I've already announced (more than a year ago) my candidacy for 2016. After 8 years of Pres. John McCain (a year ago, I was certain that it would be after a eight years of Pres. Giuliani, oh well), the country will be ready for somebody younger, more libertarian, and willing to solve the tough problems of the day with 'outside of the box' thinking.

Well, if this Times of London article is to believed, I may get the pleasure of beating Chelsea Clinton in that general election (she'll be 36 in 2016, and eligible to run, I'll be a more palatable 47 on election day 2016).

There's no way in a million years this article would have run in any paper here in the United States. Chelsea's nice and all, but there's not a snowballs chance in hell that she'll be running for President anytime soon.

The Bush clan has quite a few more possibilities out there, George Prescott Bush chief amongst them (a third generation of George Bushes as president?), don't be surprised to see him running for a seat in the House of Representatives in 2010, and maybe even the Senate in 2012 if Hutchinson doesn't seek another term. After that, who knows?

Hillary's run is where the Clinton's "dynasty" ends, though, she doesn't have another run in her, and I don't think folks who work for a hedge fund are high on the list of serious presidential candidate material. A lot could change by 2016, or 2020, but I don't think that much will change, and I don't get a sense that Chelsea has any real ambition for politics, she's just being supportive of her mother.

But, I'd be happy to beat both a Bush in the primaries, and a Clinton in the general election to claw my way to the Oval Office. I'll make sure this country gets what's coming to it (and that's either a threat, or a promise).

No comments: