13 July 2008

IMPEACH ME!!!

Eric at Classical Values has a post about some people already putting out IMPEACH OBAMA bumperstickers.

Well, it's good to get an early start, and since I will be President starting in 2017, I figure I might as well be the one to start an IMPEACH ME!!! movement.

Moments after the swearing in ceremony, I promise to illegally dismantle the IRS, a half dozen cabinet departments, and the CIA (and I'll use the military to get it done, if I have to, nothing says it's time to quit your cozy government job like well placed C-4).

Given those sort of actions require congressional approval, that would be an impeachable offense.

Of course, given that those actions would probably be highly popular with the voting public, let's just see if they go ahead and convict me.

So I'm hoping to get impeached by mid-February 2017, it's the least I can do, and I wouldn't be doing the job I'd been elected to, if I didn't.

No comments: