26 May 2009

Your Daily Photo (Where I Copy Woot! and Give You a Tuesday Twofer Edition)


The view from my ninth floor suite on the Vegas Strip, where I spent last night...


The view of my suite at Bally's, cause that's how I roll. In theory, an in room tub is great. In practice, equals one stubbed toe, and one banged shin against that hard, cold marble.

Didn't plan on staying overnight, certainly wouldn't have booked a suite with a 'love tub' going to Vegas by myself, but decided driving to Vegas and back after a few hikes in the desert on one of the worst nights for drunken drivers was probably a bad idea.

Not a good sign for Vegas that I could book a room on the strip (I booked a cheaper room, they bumped me up to a suite) at the last minute on a big holiday weekend.

I regret not having gone to Edwards AFB to catch the probable last shuttle landing on the west coast. I even set an alarm for 5:30AM local time to listen to mission control, and they still seemed determined to land in Florida, didn't want to drive for two and a half hours for something that didn't seem likely to happen, so I went back to sleep and got a few extra hours of shut-eye before I took off for Vegas. I took a detour after hitting Baker, heading towards Death Valley and then up to Pahrump. Got pulled over by the CHP just before the Nevada border, but instead of writing me up for speeding (warning only), the officer was more interested in chatting me up about my camera, so buying my Nikon D5000 has already paid dividends.

And if you are paying attention to the titles of these posts, you'll notice that in this one there's a reference to Woot!'s Tuesday Twofer deals. Mostly they're crappy things that they have to sell two of at ridiculous prices to get rid of, and this Tuesday's deal is no different.

No comments: