12 December 2005

Unleashing the geek


I unleased my inner geek this weekend and bought online advance tickets for the 12:10am first night showing of King Kong at the Arclight Theatre in beautiful Hollywood, CA. The early reviews of King Kong have been too positive and the allure of doing the midnight showing of a huge film (the last time I did this was for the first Lord of the Rings film) was too strong.

Besides the Arclight is a great theatre. Assigned seats KICK ASS (especially for a sold out show, no more waiting for three hours just to get a decent seat).

So, going to a 12:10am show for a three hour movie (Uggh).

That's why coffee exists.

(and for the sake of clarity, I'm not seeing the film on the Dome screen (it's the 12:01 show), bought tixs too late to get a good seat, but love the pictures of the place, glad they didn't tear it down when they added the multiplex to the lot)

UPDATE: I'm not the only one. (Well if the erudite, cosmopolitan, and ever so urbane Victoria (and my tongue isn't anywhere near my cheek, honest) might be going tonight, then my geekitude might be less than originally thought. Will post a review in a separate post)

1 comment:

vbspurs said...

Hey there, sailor. Do you have a lightsabre?

Alas, I didn't go last night, so no spoilers!

This is why, though I am happy to see your blog, I won't click on the main page YET, in case you posted it.

I do think I'll go on Thursday at around 4-6, though.

And thanks for calling me urbane and sophisticated, darling.

It beats that stuck-up wench anyday! ;)

Cheers,
Victoria