17 March 2006

Predicting the Future

I'm going to look into my crystal ball.

The future is cloudy yet, I do see some events with clarity.

I see Trey Parker and Matt Stone fashioning an episode of South Park this very minute, it revolves around the 'Cartoon Jihad', and will open the 10th Season of South Park premiering on Wednesday March 22, at 10PM on Comedy Central (check your local listings, those dudes should pay me)

They can't not do an episode on it, they have a reputation to uphold.

I also predict that if it airs on Wednesday, this episode will never air again (but will be spread throughout the world through torrents)

This may be the first episode Viacom pulls from broadcast before it's ever shown (2 episodes from the past season have been pulled from repeats, Trapped in the Closet savaging Scientology, and the season closing episode featuring the 'assmata')

I bet the episodes not being repeated will end up on the 9th season DVD set, and actually help boost sales.

They can ignore the cartoon controversy if they choose, I won't think less of them, they've earned that through years of terrific satire, but if they don't at least try to attack these events head on (even if the results end up not being shown) I'd be slightly disappointed.

No comments: