16 March 2006

V for Vendetta

I know plenty of people have ripped into this film before seeing, and after seeing it.

Others have cheered this film.

For a film being perceived by some as a broadside against both Pres. Bush and PM Blair, it's not getting the same level of rave reviews a film of that bent usually garners (example Moore's picture or Constant Gardener, or Syriana).

Also adaptations of Alan Moore comic books have a checkered past (the previous two being LXG and From Hell, enough said, also he's unhappy with V, too)).

But I'm going to see it anyway (already have my ticket, printed it at home thanks to Arclight's reserved seating system)

I like it when lots of stuff blows up, I'm shallow, besides, it will give me something to blog about besides roundball on Saturday.

UPDATE: a few missing links added above, also I know seeing the film in theatres is akin to voting with my dollars, but certain kinds of films I find hard to resist.

Besides lately the films being released have been so awful that this looks reasonably good in comparison (the only other upcoming release I'm looking forward to is this one)

5 comments:

bill said...

I'm looking forward to "Thank You For Smoking" which is getting a slow roll out and won't show here for two more weeks.

Pretty sure it's disappeared from the theaters but The Matador with Pierce Brosnan and Greg Kinnear was excellent.

reader_iam said...

I'm hoping to see "Vendetta," but I don't know when it'll show up here. Same goes for "Thank You."

And XWL, I'm glad you're back from Blogger exile (though, at least in my browser, the format is, well, different). I read it for the content, anyway.

Icepick said...

I like it when lots of stuff blows up....

That's how we know you're a Good American, X.

BTW, your blog looks the same in IE as it did before, at least on my machine.

Icepick said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Icepick said...

Incidentally, it failed to take my comment five times, and when it did, it double posted.