13 January 2006

Comparative Auto Shows

Went to the Auto Show, and boy are my feet tired. (not a joke, just a complaint, shuffling along ogling at the cars for 3 1/2 hours is hard on the feet).

Compared to this Auto Show, our auto show was lacking in 'diversions' (click on the pictures).

Yes there were plenty of attractive women with their scripted pitches, but they tended to be dressed in business attire and in their 40s, not their early 20s (plus as many men were pitching the cars as women, that's something that has changed over the nearly 20 years I've been going to the show, back in the 80s and early 90s it was all, big hair, shiny dresses and long fingernails).

Highlights of the L.A. Auto Show you ask?

It's a blur, go to Stephen Bainbridge's blog, he's got some amazingly well done photos on his blog, and I suspect he'll post more, I just have sore feet and an impression that too many cars look too much like too many other cars.

But I'm still a big Subaru fan, am truly impressed by the Bugatti Veyron 16.4, completely done with GM and Chris Bangle (you've ruined BMW you bastard!!) and I'm willing to get a real job to afford the Cayman S.

No comments: