16 May 2009

Your Daily Photo (Yet More Fauna Edition)


Two turtles, one fish, murky water, and some really negative negative space thrown in. Why must you be so negative all the time, space?

(shot at Greystone Mansion (Flickr set, here), which you've seen a gazillion times in a bunch of crap, it's up high in the Hills of Beverly)

Also, if you are taking snaps with anything that looks more professional than a point and shoot, expect a park ranger to come up and politely remind you that no commercial photography is allowed on park grounds without a really expensive permit.The friendly ranger I spoke with debated the fine points of creative commons licenses with me, I asserted that posting these shots to Flickr don't constitute 'commercial use' if I'm posting them with the non-commercial use license, the ranger implied that the Beverly Hills D.A.s office might beg to differ. Either way, he didn't prevent me from taking pictures, and just told me to tell anyone else who asks that these snaps were for 'personal use' only. Well, for me, uploading my photos publicly on Flickr is part of 'personal use', so go ahead and send me a take down notice, I'd love to challenge your rules in court with regards to what constitutes 'personal use' and 'commercial'.

No comments: