01 April 2008

I'm No April Fool This Year . . .

I've noticed stories in the media from supposed conservatives who have suddenly seen the light and decided that Sen. Obama wouldn't make such a bad president afterall, and that all his empty rhetoric isn't at all empty but instead the exact kind of bridge building, forward thinking, and content free, ideation needed to unite our divided country into one purposeful mass of getting things done.

Well, I thought they were all wishful thinking from Big Liberal Media, but while on the road to Damascus (figuratively, not literally, despite Majority Leader Pelosi's willingness to travel there, and Sen. Obama's willingness to have friendly chats with the Optometrist, an actual trip to Damascus is both out of my budget, and beyond my tolerance level for subjecting myself to potential danger), I was struck off my horse (again, figuratively, I do most of my travelling not on horseback, but by foot or car, I've only ever ridden a horse once, it was one of those rent by the hour operations at the stables near Griffith Park, and it was on a hot July day, and the only person more miserable about the whole thing besides me, was probably the horse I was riding in on) by a bolt from the blue and was divinely inspired to see that my anti-Obama ways have been sadly mistaken all this time.

That's right, I now truly believe that The Obama WILL INDEED wash away our sins, and The Obama WILL INDEED mark the early 21st century as a special time when we were able to collectively witness the transformative power he will undoubtably unleash upon the entire globe. He will not just be the President of these damned dis-United States, no, not The Obama, his calling is higher, he is being called to be the leader of a United Planet, and only The Obama can wash away our sins, but all our differences, too.

I am now officially an Obamaniac, and posting today will reflect this, my new reality, spread the word, proselytize on His behalf, reflect in his glory, reflect upon his countenance, reflect upon his life story, and reflect upon the tiny and small sacrifice of one small vote that he asks of you to bring about a glorious new day not only for this country, but for all of Humanity.

Obama in the Highest, Ours is the Kingdom Forever . . .

No comments: