23 March 2008

Teh Funny, He Is Ken Jennings . . .

I can no more reject the smooth vocal stylings of Phil Collins than I could disown my own white grandmother.

Don't know that I agree with Ken about the Phil Collins thing, but I can confirm at least one "Actual Black Person™" (namely, my father) who is a big fan of Jeopardy, and even used to schedule his lunchbreak from work to watch the Art Flemming version way back in the day (like back when I was an infant 'back in the day').

Just thought I'd share.

I suppose I should do an inventory of the various "Whitest Things About Me", as well as the "Blackest Things About Me", and probably should throw in the "Most Chicano Things About Me" while am at it. I could probably even get away with a "Straightest, and or Gayest, Things About Me" in addition to a "Japanese-ist Things About Me" and "Nerdiest Things About Me", once you parse these sort of things, the possibilities never end.

Is this what The Obama means by a 'national conversation on race'?

No comments: