12 February 2007

The Decline of Western Civilization, Part CXIV

The 114th installment in the ongoing series, "Decline of Western Civilization"



$34,195,434 this weekend at the domestic box office for the above spectacle, biggest opening (by far) of the year.
Black men in transvestite fat-suited drag is big business. (example I & II, example III & IV, example V & VI)




I blame the ongoing conflict in Iraq.


(if this Yeats poem can be about that, then so can this)


Really, if there was any sign needed that we are indeed something dire is 'slouching towards Bedlam', then I think the success of this film has to be one of the foretold portents.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I discuss Yeats' poem at:
My inaugural address at the Great White Throne Judgment of the Dead, after I have raptured out billions! The Secret Rapture by my hand soon!
Read My Inaugural Address
At = http://www.angelfire.com/crazy/spaceman