04 December 2006

2006 LA Auto Show, An Electrifying Sports Car

The Tesla was at the show, but as part of Yokohama Tire's display rather than one of their own.

DSC00304

Yokohama claims their tires are eco-friendly, too.

DSC00305

DSC00307

DSC00308

DSC00309

The car, it looks awfully similar to the Lotus Elise, but that's not a bad thing.

DSC00306

The charging station, unfortunately, this isn't a regular wall outlet plug in like many of the new wave of electric vehicles, but I guess they figure those buying this car can afford the price tag for installing one of these bad boys.

Also, probably wouldn't have even noticed that this wasn't a Lotus Elise (pictured below) if my friend hadn't pointed it out, plus I post this mainly cause Instapundit has expressed interest in the Tesla (link, link, link and link), I guess I'm hoping for a Glink.

DSC00278

No comments: