15 March 2006

The Perfect St. Patrick's Day Present

If you are contemplating sending me a present for St. Patrick's Day (and really, if St. Valentine's day is a present type day, why not for the day celebrating a truly kickass Saint like Patrick), may I humbly suggest that you send me one of these bad mamma jammas (watch the video, awesome stuff that)

(the comments get a bit scatalogical, though I had to look up the definition of the word they bandy about to understand just how sick and scatalogical the discussion is)

And on any day but St. Patrick's Day I suggest trying a Black Velvet (equal parts Stout beer, and Champagne), or Black Velveteen (3 part Stout, 1 part Hard Cider)

(on St. Patties, drink your damn Guinness straight!)

UPDATE:

Here's a page with some mixed drinks using Stout.

Again don't order any of these drinks on Friday, especially the Irish Car Bomb (sounds nasty anyway)

(also, the Archbishop of Cincinatti has said it's OK to eat your Corned Beef this Friday, just do extra penance some other day)

(you'll have to consult with your own diocese to know if a similar dispensation is in order in your area)

UPDATE, Part 2:

Dia Duit! (I've been playing with this Irish online dictionary) Tammy Bruce readers! I'm happy for this Tammylanche, enjoy your day tomorrow (responsibly, needless to say), but as I say above, save the mixed drinks for another day, on St. Pat's drink your Guinness (or Harp's if you can't stand the Stout) straight.

(and the usual plea for anyone coming here for the first time, have a look around, you'll find something to please, infuriate, humor, and or puzzle just about anyone, the links on the sidebar for Funk Lyrics, Aintwrongness and Modest Proposals are what I'd direct you to first, though)

(I may be found at one of the many Pub's (maybe even one of the English one's, everyone's Irish on March 17th) (example A, B, C & D) in Santa Monica tomorrow night, to give you a hint as who to look for, I'll be the man in green)

2 comments:

bill said...

I've always heard Guinness and champagne called a black beauty. Whatever you call it, it's an amazing drink. Even people who hate Guinness have liked it when I've gotten them to taste it.

But St. Drunks day - every thing is straight. No mixers, no umbrella drinks, no ice. Just pure, sweet alcohol.

reader_iam said...

It's never once occurred to me to mix my Guinness with anything. Hmmm ....

Heh: vh is mxiawuag