24 March 2006

Changes to the Blog

I've made a few changes to the blog.

I updated the sidebar some, in the blogroll link to Conblogeration I indicate that it is [Inactive?] since he hasn't updated in awhile, hope things are fine with Pastor Jeff, and he just decided he needed some time away from blogging duties. UPDATE: Icepick pointed to the post where Pastor Jeff explained his pending absence, obviously I missed it the first time, I've since changed inactive to Abstemiously Restricting Internet Use for Lent (See You Round After Easter)

Also Reader I Am, still comments frequently at her usual hang outs, but she has decided that it's time to take a break from blogging, so I indicate her status as [On Hiatus], both will remain on the blogroll, since I believe in the future, both will be places I will enjoy visiting on a regular basis once they get back in the game (she posted yesterday, but it still looks like she'll be posting less frequently for a little while longer)

Another addition was adding Cathy Seipp to the blogroll. She's a freelance writer, who contributes a weekly column (called From the Left Coast) to NRO, and has been seen in print at innumerable places. Her daughter is also a blogger of some note, and surprising depth for her years (though other times, sounds exactly as she should for a girl her age).

Ms. Seipp has a habit of having quirky male writer/bloggers from around L.A. (but especially the Westside) attach themselves to her orbit, how we haven't met yet, I'll never know.

One other change, I've added a sidebar link to my 54 Must See Films, Arranged into a deck of cards. I lazily called them 'Greatest Films' in the post titles, but that wasn't the original intent of organizing those films into those lists. Rather I was looking for films that exemplify certain moods, and also happen to be films that regardless of pure merit, are films that should be viewed by everyone. Read those lists with that in mind, rather than viewing them as a 'greatest' list (The Summary is a good place to start, as it provides links to the rest, too).

2 comments:

Icepick said...

Jeff at Conblogeration is taking a break for Lent:

(One of the things I'm working on this Lent is making better use of my time. I'm trying to cut down extraneous internet usage. We also have Wednesday night Lenten services, so that means I'm working on two messages per week. All that is to say I will be blogging less over the next six weeks. I appreciate everyone who visits and who's given me encouragement, but there are other things I on which I need to focus my time for the present.)

reader_iam said...

Thanks for the links (and you might want to stop by and read the latest post).

Mostly, though, thanks for keeping the faith and not de-blogrolling me.