28 February 2006

Can't Stop the Fashion Blogging

Drudge made me do it.

This really is typical. (no link yet, I'll add link once drudge fixes it, it's fixed, here's the link, the article doesn't have any mention of 'beheadment chic' as Drudge labels it, but the linked article does talk at length about greek penises and Leonard Peltier)


And nothing new, I remember hearing (yet can't seem to discover a specific reference, my Google Fu has gone suddenly weak) that during the French Revolution the fashion amongst the aristocracy in exile was to wear red chokers to symbolize the guillotining of Marie Antoinette.

Maybe that was just a fevered dream of an idea I had, and not something that I can corrobarate, but it sounds plausible enough. Maybe someone who actually knows something will dig up a reference to refute or concur with my faulty memory.

UPDATE

And really, after perusing through the slide show for the hooded photo (number 68 out of 272) from Vivienne Westwood's collection, I can't resist posting a photo of the designer herself (below).


(you really want to take fashion advice from Cruella l'Orange?)

No comments: