14 May 2009

You Daily Photo (Calvary Baptist Upside Down Edition)



The letters are right side up, but the church is upside down. How'd that happen?

20090511_018 Long Exposures



Above is the original at flickr. Not enough churches employ neon signs above their entrance, thankfully this one does. That still doesn't explain the ghostly letters reflected up towards the roofline. For the rest of the story you need to gaze across the street, luckily I shot that, too...

20090511_013 Long Exposures



The building across the way is reflective enough to bounce the light from the neon back to the front of the church, interesting effect, didn't notice it with the naked eye, but it becomes visible with the naked eye (and it might be visible normally, just didn't think to look).

UPDATE: I've got a free day tomorrow, make any suggestions exactly where you think I should go . . .

... with my camera of course, and within 200 miles one direction from Santa Monica, surely there are some interesting photo spots in the greater Southern California area that I can reach in a three hour drive that might be great, but I haven't considered, otherwise I'm just heading to the Getty Center.

No comments: