31 January 2009

Thank You Kristen Bell . . .

Sometimes a question floats to the top of your consciousness, yet you have no easy way of going about and getting the answer, and then suddenly, the Universe provides the answer.

For me, the earthly messenger of the Universe's serendipity was Kristen Bell's appearance on Jimmy Kimmel last night. She was on promoting a small picture she did years ago, that is just now getting a limited release (Fanboys). She spent the first part of her segment raving about, and pimping The Room by Tommy Wiseau (all sorts of YouTube snippets available here). For the life of me I couldn't remember the name of that film, or the writer/director/producer/star of that film, but Ms. Bell just dropped in my lap. Thank you Universe, and thank you Ms. Bell.




The reason I was trying to remember that pic, was cause I'm pretty sure I saw Mr. Wiseau recently, and I wanted to do a celebrity sighting bit, but A) he's not exactly a celebrity, and B) couldn't remember his name.

Of course, now that I know his name, and the film he did, the moment has passed and I don't feel like posting the details, but at least the knowledge that I knew I recognized that dude from somewhere has been put to rest, and I can move on and fill whatever portion of my intellect that was churning over those disconnected half remembered images, they are now free for other equally useless endeavors.

No comments: