22 August 2007

Amanpouring Myself Another Drink . . .

I'm thinking of drunk-blogging tonight's CNN Special Presentation of "God's Warriors: Muslims".

Anytime Ms. Amanpour says anything that draws moral equivalence between evil deeds done by folks in the name of Islam with other faithful, I'll imbibe in some of Shatan's own brew.

I expect to be completely ripped by the end of this presentation.

I'll be DVR-blogging, so it won't be 'live', I'll try to keep up with the first broadcast (6PM my time) best I can, but that's a bit early in the evening to get plastered.

My drug of choice for this evening will be a hearty mix of Heineken and Jack Daniels. I won't be chugging my Boilermakers Purdue style, and since I won't be dropping the shot into the beer mug, technically it's not a true boilermaker, but the taste and effect is largely the same. So that I'll still be alive by the end of this program, I'll limit myself to a sizeable gulp at each instance of moral equivalizing. Any other rules I should follow? Should I finish off whatever's left in the glass for each use of the phrase "religion of peace"? Should I do two gulps each time Ms. Amanpour brushes aside those oppressive bangs? Go ahead, you have a few hours to suggest a few rules.

Since I mentioned Heineken, I love those Heineken 5 liter draught kegs. I'd love them more if I could get one full of MGD light, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale or Guinness instead (Heineken isn't my favorite beer, but this new beer delivery system is my favorite beverage delivery system), but that will have to wait. Once these miracles of modern technology are proven successful in the marketplace, the other brewers will follow suit. I'd love one of these things for soft drinks, too. Freshly pulled, and perfectly mixed Diet Coke from a keglike dispenser with its own CO2 system would be awesome.

No comments: