14 December 2006

Car Talk

Cars, can't live with them, can't live without them.

GM should soon be number two worldwide to Toyota in total vehicle sales. I bow (very low, from the waist) before our Japanese carmaking overlords. I didn't realize that GM divested their stock in Fuji Heavy Industries (Subaru's parent company) and Toyota gobbled up a big share of the same company. They're even going to make Toyotas alongside the Subarus in Indiana. Matching Subarus engineering with Toyotas economies of scale is a match made in heaven. I really do love me some Subarus. So does this kid, probably a bit too much.

Also, a review of the latest Expedition EL. Yes, it's a boat on wheels. I don't like big trucks personally, but I don't think they should be banned from the roads. I'm fascinated by the comment section following the review of that beast on the The Truth About Cars blog. It descends into talk of nanny-statism v. ecodisaster v. class-envy v. regional biases. Nothing stirs the pot like big SUVs.

No comments: