14 October 2006

Enough with the Photoblogging, Already

I know what you're thinking, big deal, you've got a new camera.

But now it's something that I feel compelled to throw in my overalls while walking the dog, so while the doggie and I get some exercise (and he marks some trees), I'm looking for things of interest to shoot.

I didn't find a lot interesting today. Probably cause I walked north, and I just don't find much that's interesting north of Wilshire. I'm a reverse snob, what can I say?

Here's all the non-duplicate pictures I took today, all seven of them (with commentary)

DSC00001

First up, just a shot gazing north on 18th St. looking at the palm trees, a sliver of the Santa Monica Mountains and the clouds collecting against them. Am I mocking all you folks back east who suffered through an early snow?

DSC00003

Next up, on Montana Ave. a GEM car. Because sometimes in the race to be greener than thou, the Prius just isn't green enough.

DSC00004

The backside of the same GEM, here's my proposal (possibly even a modest one), anyone over 80 should be required by law to drive a GEM or similar electric car. Folks like this gentleman would be far less capable of doing damage if they were faced with that limitation.

DSC00005

Electric homes must have seemed like a great idea at one time, now they are just a huge headache and a massive utility bill.

DSC00007

This isn't Jay Leno's garage, instead it's a car dealer on Wilshire. The 57 Chevy wagon way in the back is the one I want (I would have gone in and taken more photos, but they probably wouldn't have liked me bringing the big black doggie with me).

DSC00008

I don't trust any financial services company that tries so hard not to look like a financial services company.

DSC00009

Finally, at the local Mercedes dealership, their concept of a red tag sale is different than most places (the price is hard to discern in the photo, but it's $149,688).

No comments: