23 July 2006

Omakase (お任せ), Too!

I've been guilty of some me too posts (you'll have to look through the archives and find them yourselves) after Prof. Althouse posted about something, and the look of this site, and it being on blogger has her to blame to some degree.

You may have noticed I changed the look of this site slightly, I played with the way the page displays on the screen, now its based on a percentage of your available screen rather than a fixed pixel width (through firefox I've been looking at the page source info of some sites whose style I like, for inspiration for the tweak).

Also, I removed the poll, and replaced it with an Amazon.com Omakase ad. It changes each time you load the page, and what's displayed is dependent both on the content of what's posted at this site, as well as information Amazon digs out of your browser through tracking cookies. I noticed some ads for House brand Tofu come up when I posted about the curry baths, as well as bath oil, other ads that I don't understand are Dixie Chicks, Billy Joel?!?, and lots of books on learning Greek.

I'll be sneaky and greedy by including links to Amazon product pages when I mention items that are available there. I'm not going to change the content of this place, but if I can use this site to subsidize my own Amazon habit, then I say why the hell not?

The random, and often completely inexplicable nature of the Omakase ads make them somewhat entertaining, if you ever get the urge to buy any of the crap you see on the sidebar, please do so after clicking through from here, I'll appreciate it.

No comments: