27 March 2006

Things that make you, recall Arsenio Hall's Catch-Phrase (for those of you who forget, it's Thing that make you go, hmmmmmmmmmm)

This post at Tammybruce.com regarding some folks who think boycotting MI:3 would be a good response to Tom Cruise's alleged involvement in the pulling from repeats the 'Trapped in a Closet' South Park episode that savages R. Kelly, Tom Cruise and especially Scientology.

In the comments there's this bit

Count me in! I'll be boycotting "Mi3" in favor of the highly anticipated "Snakes on a Plane."

Could someone please! tell me-- who is the 13 year old running Hollywood? I've got some great movie ideas I'd like to pitch to him.

"Squirrels in a Volvo"
"Monkeys on a Train"

Don't any of you go stealing my ideas! :o)

Posted by: Tink [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 24, 2006 09:14 PM

It got me to consider the possibility that Parker and Stone might produce a parody version of Snakes on a Plane before the movie itself actually comes out. Fake trailers are proliferating like wildfire, and they are clued in enough to realize that most of their audience would get the references to the film, even though the film hasn't been released yet.

Also, if they got hold of the script and made their parody follow the general outlines of the plot, would that please or piss off the audience?

And one other thing, if they did this, they'd have to get Samuel L. Jackson to voice the South Park version of himself (and to be even more ironic, they could take his voice, and pitch it up so that he sounds like someone else).

But the idea of parodying a film before or simultaneously with its release is one that I had before. When Alien: Resurrection was about to be released and people still held out hope that it might actually be worth watching, I suggested to some friends that someone should get a hold of the script, shoot a close parody of the film substituting the Aliens franchise for another known franchise, and do it dirty and quick so that the release would be at the same time as the Alien film.

I still think Porky's: Resurrection would have been a great film, and been a moneymaker.

1 comment:

Icepick said...

I'm boycotting MI:3 for the same reason I boycotted MI:2: namely that the Mission: Impossible movie sucked ass. (And really, that should be M:I3? Why should I care about this movie if the idiots in charge won't even pay attention to their own freakin' punctuation?)