06 December 2005

The first novel I ever read

The movie of the first book I ever read happens to come out this week.
It was assigned reading for the accelerated readers (they had tracking at my school then) in my third grade class. We were assigned two of the books from the chronicles that year, two others I read on my own, as of yet I still haven't finished reading the rest.

I can't imagine these books being assigned in a public school in Santa Monica any more. I'm surprised they were assigned then frankly, but as third graders we focused on language mastery and following the story rather than the thinly veiled Christian message C.S. Lewis embedded in his fairy stories.

I'm actually kind of looking forward to the films, they look like they will be well done and the source material has promise for the basis of epic filmmaking.

That and the many tonned gorilla (looked all over the 'net, couldn't find a data sheet on how much bigger than an 800lb gorilla the big guy is supposed to be) got me feeling a touch geeky for films for the first time in a long while (I saw Revenge of the Sith out of duty, not geekdom, Kill Bill, Vol 1&2 probably the last geeky movie moments I've had).

1 comment:

Pooh said...

fan boy. Though that will be me when X3 comes out, so who am I to talk?