30 September 2005

What's all this about?

If you are reading this, WHY?

Anyway, I've started this blog since I feel a compelling need to foist my opinions and crazed schemes onto an unsuspecting and innocent public.

I will have many opinions, on a variety of subjects, if something strikes my fancy I will try and write about it.

The things I am likely to fancy are local politics (Westside), national politics, other blogs, TV shows, films, books, music, etc.

Expect a little of everything.

Why immodest proposals?

I am hoping to post on a semi-regular basis (once a week or so) a lengthy piece on a topic in the form of a Swiftian modest proposal. I am inspired by a long ago class assignment where we were encouraged to write a piece in the spirit of Swift's "Modest Proposal" mine was on terminal limits for politicians, I will edit and post sometime soon this piece, and I will try to add a litany of similar proposals as this site ages (and I will accept and publish reader submissions that I find humorous AND thought provoking)

No comments: